Develop your team into innovative leaders and transform your school today!
Organizations that have a strong coaching culture benefit from improved retention, stronger management relationships, greater productivity, and increased employee engagement and communication.
Great school leaders strive to create a culture of coaching in order to better the school and strengthen the team. In this 1.5-day training, you will:
- examine what coaching looks like in your school setting
- find out why coaching is critical to the development and success of your teachers and administrative personnel
- learn how you can most effectively integrate coaching into your schools and division to bring about positive change
- Differentiate between Leader and Coach
- Build on your existing coaching & communication skills
- Apply your skills to a variety of coaching situations
- Spark creative thinking
- Maximize team member performance
- Promote ownership
Who should attend?
This program is designed to benefit anyone who supervises school division employees, especially:
- School leaders
- Department heads (finance, human resources, technology, etc.)
- District-level leaders
- Instructional coaches
- Team leads
Coach Approach is a 1.5-day workshop.
Foundations of Coaching - 1-5 p.m.
- Defining and distinguishing coaching from mentoring, counseling, managing and sports
- Shifting ownership for improvement; moving from judging and evaluating to collaborating
- Learning coaching competencies to have effective and empowering conversations: the essence of coaching!
Dinner provided to participants on this day.
Coaching in the School Setting - 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Moving from foundations to application and practice
- application and practice through role playing
- Differentiating between Leader and Coach and identifying the responsibilities of both
- Coaching the novice employee
- Coaching the veteran employee
- Coaching the highly-skilled employee
- Coaching the resistant employee
Putting it All Together
- Reviewing a Coaching Case Study
- Identifying characteristics of a successful Coach Approach program
- Taking it home: applying the learning to your everyday life and work
Breakfast and lunch provided to participants on this day.
$399 per person, includes all course materials and lunch on day two
For more information
Contact Robyn Smyth, Regional Outreach Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org