The Center provides grants to support conferences and programs at the Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center. This section provides details about application procedures and award recipient expectations. If you have additional questions, please contact the center's director, Susan Short at (540) 231-9497.
Funding guidelines have been established by the university and are awarded by the COTA leadership team. The following programs are eligible for consideration and will be prioritized thusly:
- Virginia Tech-affiliated activities
- other university and educational organizations
- state and federal agencies
- professional associations and other nonprofit organizations not affiliated with Virginia Tech
- private sector companies and organizations
The grant is applied to the final Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center invoice; it is not paid directly to the grantee.
Grants must be used to sponsor programs at Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center.
Grants are contingent on generating lodging room and conference center meeting revenue.
Grants amounts begin at $500 and are determined by a combination of the following:
- 5% of anticipated Hotel revenue from a combination of hotel room nights, meeting packages, a la carte room rental, breaks, receptions and banquets
- number of participants
- benefit to the department, college, or university in pursing Virginia Tech's priorities
- potential for attracting research grants
- potential for national and international recognition
Review criteria and confirm your eligibility.
Advise your Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center sales manager or Virginia Tech Continuing and Professional Education contact that you are interested in a grant.
Once approved, the Director of COTA will notify you of the grant amount.
If there is a significant decrease in the final Hotel revenue amount, there may be a possible reduction in the amount of the final grant award.
COTA must be recognized in marketing and programmatic materials as a sponsor of the program, and should be allowed exhibitor space if available and appropriate.